A new year symbolizes a new beginning and for a lot of us this can include a list of goals we want to crush. One of the most common goals we take on in a new year includes fitness and overall wellness. Here are some tips from our team of experts to help get you started.
- Define Your Goals: Create specific goals you can stick with and ensure they are measurable, attainable, realistic, and time sensitive.
- Make a Plan: Once you’ve defined your goals, create a plan. Your plan should include your workouts, calorie and macro goals, check-in with yourself moments, and check-ins with your trainers.
- Up Your Nutrition Game: We’ve all heard the saying, “abs are made in the kitchen,” and this is 100% true. A well-rounded fitness and wellness journey is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.
- Find an Accountability Partner: This can be a friend with similar goals as you or a trainer. A workout buddy on your fitness journey is a good way to ensure you make it to your workouts, especially on those days when you’re less enthusiastic about the gym.
- Track Your Progress: Tracking your progress allows you to see changes and make adjustments as necessary.
- Stay Hydrated: A small decrease in necessary hydration can result in a big decrease of brain function. Our bodies need more water than any other nutrient. In order to function properly, our bodies need water.
- Be Kind to Yourself: You’re on a journey and will encounter bumps along the way. You’re human and humans make mistakes. Navigate downfalls with grace. A bad day or cheat meal doesn’t make all of your work a loss.
- Remember Your Why: Why did you start this journey in the first place? Why are you putting in the time and energy? Dig deep and come back to your why on the you’re your journey feels especially hard.